Legal LibrarianA 6 month full time/part time (job shared) position has arisen for an experienced Librarian (Information Specialist) to join the Information Services team in Sydney. Working as part of a dynamic, supportive team, you will be responsible for providing library and research guidance to internal clients and assistance to external clients, as well as conducting regular group and at hoc individual training sessions.
The Sydney Information Services team
Clayton Utz's Information Services team is part of a highly collaborative national team focused on providing market-leading information and research services to the Firm.
As an Information Specialist, you will provide effective delivery of library and research assistance to the Sydney office, including but not limited to:
- Assisting internal clients with complex legal research tasks
- Liaising with the Sydney and national training team regarding the needs of legal staff in Sydney, including contributing to the graduate and clerk research training program
- Setting up and maintaining current awareness record and database
- Participating in the national library projects and activities
- Promoting library services
Skills & Experience
The successful candidate will have:
- Experience of library and research services, preferably in the legal industry
- A thorough understanding of research methodologies combined with experience in the use of library collections, databases, internet and other research sources in the legal sector
- The ability to communicate effectively with internal clients both written and verbally
- Excellent teamwork skills with a "roll up your sleeves" attitude
- Attention to detail and exceptional organisational skills
- Tertiary qualifications in librarianship or information management is essential
Clayton Utz is Australia's leading commercial and pro bono law firm, with 187 partners and over 1,300 employees across six offices. We have a reputation for standing out - and for being outstanding - with confident, innovative and incisive legal advice, and an unshakeable sense of what's possible for our clients and our people.
Why Clayton Utz?
As a leading law firm with global connections, Clayton Utz offers exciting opportunities.
In our shared services team, you will have the opportunity to contribute to help make a real impact on the business, while working with some of the top practitioners in various fields.
We value the unique skills, insights and experience you will bring, and offer in return an open, friendly and supportive environment - one where you will feel emboldened to build an exceptional career and excel in your chosen profession.
How to apply?
To submit your interest in this role, please see the original advertisement on Seek.com
For more information on Clayton Utz, please visit www.claytonutz.com or follow us on LinkedIn here